Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Stopping by to say Hi

Michelle, Terri, me, and Kim
at Terri's wedding

Just thought I'd pop in to say hey and let you know I made it through last week and weekend. It had its rough moments to be sure, but I am now on the other side and looking forward to a few good weeks/weekends before I go back on 10/22.

This should bring us up to speed:
  • I spent most of Saturday in bed sleeping and/or reading. As a result I am almost done with Middlesex (finally).

  • I felt a bit better on Sunday, so I ventured out to run a few errands. While I was out, I met a woman named Donna who is awaiting results from a breast biopsy she had done on Thursday. Donna, if you're reading this: know that I've been thinking of you, please let me know what you find out.

  • I also met a young woman who has 3 young children while I was out picking up my lunch on Friday at one of my favorite Greek restaurants in KC. She is done with surgery and chemo and now has to do radiation. We both had scarves on our heads and automatically started talking as soon as we saw each other. Incredible.

  • It is amazing the people you meet, the hugs you get, the stories you get to hear when you walk around letting the world know you're sick. I probably never would have had that conversation with Donna or the girl at Mr. Gyro's back when I still had hair, or if I wore my wig all the time. I know it helped me talking to them, and I hope it helped them as well.

  • My co-workers are back from Chicago. So it's back to business as usual at work. No more jeans or potluck lunches. It was fun while it lasted, and it's good to have (most of) them back.

  • I also did this on Sunday:

Spray painted my formerly white vanity a tan color...

And I love it!

  • And last, but definitely not least...

Happy 14th Anniversary to these two:

Had to search for that pic since most of our pics
are now of these three:

Don't my siblings make pretty babies?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very impressive on the vanity....I would have never guessed it was white before....Cam

Anonymous said...

1. you guyz look HOT!!!
2.i got the new bookclub book ~ looks good
3.that's my fav greek rest. too! brady goes to school with Teddy. one year she was room mom and we ate really good that year!!
4.LUV the vanity!! classy!
5. your siblings DO make pretty babies!!
6.have a great weekend!! what ever you decide to do!
xoxoxo

Kelly said...

cam: don't look too closely then, there are some white spots showing through in places. but for the most part it's tan!

vin:

1. thanks...you're hot too!!!
2. i picked it up over the weekend, i think it looks good too.
3. and now there's one closer to home for you!!! it's closer to work for me, so i'm pretty excited.
4. i think it looks a little more grown up and matches the other colors in my room better this way.
5. lots of girls, but that's ok, they're so much easier for me to shop for!
6. what...you're not going to WP either?!!? ha!

i think i wanna go to this waterfire thing at some point:

http://www.visitkc.com/waterfire/index.cfm

7. have you heard about that 'eat, love, pray' book?

8. did you see that dug is moving back to MN?

Anonymous said...

Yes, it's funny how knowing that you have some strange sickly connection with a complete stranger is an opening to meet and appreciate someone you might not otherwise have gotten to know. I'm glad to have a new friend many states away, that but for the unfortunate circumstances of why we started talking we might not keep in touch from time to time. Hugs!
PS - I finally started downloading the vaca pics from CA. I'll let you know when I finish.

Anonymous said...

i think i messed that sentence up lol but you get the point :)

Anonymous said...

that does look neat. i forwarded it on to fam that's in town.'
7. nope never heard of it. but will check it out.
8. yeeeeeehaawww dougie!!
4. it does look more "cozy" too!
6. nope this is our Hermann weekend.
400. ok think i have scrolled up and down enuff now.

Kelly said...

7. it was on oprah, so it MUST be good! haha....and a girl whose blog i love loves it, so i take her word too.
8. i know...his mom is thrilled!
4. totally! it's more matchy.
6. oh yeah, i knew that. that sounds more fun than WP. pretty much anything does tho. i'm so anti-reunion. not sure what's up with that. hmmmm....
400. no doubt...i was thinking the SAME thing!

Kelly said...

oh yeah terry, i totally get what you're saying.

and as another bonus, it helps us not feel so alone, or like such a freakin' cancer-getting freak.

yay....FUN pics!!!

:o)

hugs,
~k