(i think you can see me in there somewhere.
as you can see, i recently learned about taking pix in negative mode.)
as you can see, i recently learned about taking pix in negative mode.)
Have you ever been at Target (or Wherever) and encountered the talky shopper (TS)? You know, that person who wants to chit chat with you when you're just trying to look at all of the cool stuff that's on clearance for big percentages off and be on your way.
I indirectly encountered a TS at Target last night. I say indirectly because I steered clear of her after I overheard her talky shopping (TSing) to some innocent girl (Sig) who was unfortunate enough to wander into her TSing web.
She incredulously told Sig to be sure and look at the sizes in the clothes because they aren't always what it says on the hangar.
Ya think? It's the clearance section, that's just a given, right?
That and getting all excited when you find the color you were looking for, in your exact size even if it's in a wad on the floor (yay!).
In addition, she told Sig that she had JUST figured that out, like, as in right there in Target's clearance section on 1/22/08 at 7:32pm. Say what? Have you never shopped in clearance before?
She was older than me and Sig, and I determined immediately that Sig was more polite/mature/placating than I am because she just sorta giggled and mumbled something like, 'oh really?' and got out of there as fast as she could without making herself look rude.
So I'm avoiding eye contact, avoiding personal space contact, just avoiding, avoiding, avoiding...and being very intense in my search for a good bargain in the right color/size. Very.
I succeeded in repelling her, but her next victim wasn't so lucky. Sig2 was unfortunate enough to be dressed just like her daughter and she was shopping for her birthday presents and would she mind helping her pick out some things? While adding in details about the daughter's size and life.
Which is okay up until that point in the story. But it went on and on for poor Sig2, who was WAY nicer than me and Sig combined. TS asked Sig2 do you wear these rolled up or down? and other such technical questions. After poor Sig2 had escaped her web, TS tracked her down for sorry, just one more question about 10 times.
At one point TS came into my little web of peace, quiet, and pure enjoyment of just being physically able to wander around Target aimlessly and take funky pix with my cell phone for 3 hours after work again...you know, like I used to (minus the pix part).
She got all up in my personal space, she made some huffing and puffing noises, ..she was trying, but I was TS proof, people! So she wandered off in search of a more willing, or perhaps more appetizing victim.
After all, I was in my boring 40something work clothes. Surely (and thankfully) she doesn't have a daughter who dresses like that.
The sad/funny/ironic thing is that to other people I have probably been the TS to their Sig. I wonder if they dedicated a whole blog entry just to me.
taken in the parking lot of target with my cell phone (that's star is on my rearview mirror, the speckly stuff is frost
which is proof that i enjoyed my target visit way too much)
i heart theseyou HAVE to check out these books:
i got this for jordan for her upcoming birthday(click on the book, the video gives you a good idea
about what the book is about.
they also have a website)
the video to this is hilarious(click on the book for video, and
click here for rex & sparky's website)
i don't have any nephews,
but for those of you with boys in your lives,
here's the boy one:



4 comments:
And you were prob at Target way too long if you had frost on the window....and funny video for the the Dogs Cam
3 hours is def. too long.
when i walked out and saw the frost on my car i figured that out.
that and the fact that the store was closing.
which is a good thing, otherwise i might have actually had to scrape my windows!
L.M.H.O.!!!!!once again!!!!-vin
Haha, you have me cracking up here. I LOVED your story and I have had my fair share of TS'ers and I agree with you 100%.
~Heather~
Post a Comment