Monday, September 29, 2008

Wishing


I dreamed I walked in heaven just the other night
There was so much beauty, so much light
Don't you wish it was true
Don't you wish it was true

An angel took my hand
Said you don't have to hurry
Got all the time in the world, don't worry
Don't you wish it was true
Lord, don't you wish it was true

But if tomorrow everybody was your friend
Anyone could take you in
No matter what or where you'd been
But if tomorrow everybody had enough
The world wasn't quite so rough
Lord, don't you wish it was true

He said the world's gonna change and it's startin' today
There'll be no more armies, no more hate
Don't you wish it was true
Now don't you wish it was true

And all the little children would live happily
There'd be singin' and laughter and sweet harmony
Don't you wish it was true
Lord, don't you wish it was true

But if tomorrow everybody under the sun
Who's happy just to live as one
No borders or battles to be won
But if tomorrow everybody was your friend
Happiness would never end
Lord, don't you wish it was true

Alright!

But if tomorrow everybody under the sun
Who's happy just to live as one
No borders or battles to be won
But if tomorrow everybody was your friend
Happiness would never end
Lord, don't you wish it was true
Lord, don't you wish it was true

Alright!

Oooooo-A!

What a beautiful day!

Don't You Wish it Was True - John Fogerty


Port insertion surgery is today. Dad is taking me to the hospital at 7:00am, surgery is at 9:00am.

Had a wonderful weekend:

Friday - Josh & Jess's Fire Pit Party w/Cathi; Josh is our friend and co-worker, some of our other friends who work with us (hi Heather! 'Scer!, and J!), used to work with us (hi Berto!) were there, along with some of their neighbors and friends.

Saturday - Ashton's soccer game, and then a bbq at Tracy & Tony's to celebrate Mom's birthday.

Ash's soccer field was the second farthest from the parking lot. It was a warm day, and a steady uphill walk. I rode out there with Mom & Dad. They gave me a head start, I had my "I think I can, I think I can" mantra going as I slowly but surely trudged my way to the field.

I knew they were behind me, but I never looked back, and they didn't hover or overprotect, they gave me my freedom...and I just knew they were there if I needed them...as always.

Or maybe they were just trying to get away from me!

Sunday - Slept in, laundry, dishes, napped, swing/swang/swung, stayed up way too late figuring I would get a REALLY good nap for a few hours in the morning.



Update - Monday, 12:55pm

Home from hospital.

Everything went well.

I will be back at work tomorrow, chemo is on Wednesday, then back to work Thursday and Friday.




Update - Tuesday, 4:17pm

I decided to just take today off to rest a bit more, and to enjoy what is likely to be one of the last nice days of the year (it's 71!) and/or one of the last days I can enjoy it. Thinking of a little nap, and then a trip to Loose Park.



Update - Wednesday, 4:21pm

I am home from chemo. I was there from 12:00-3:45, not too bad.

Everything went smoothly.

I go back for lab work every Wednesday, I see Dr. McK on 10/21, and have my next chemo on 10/22.


Off for yet another nap...yesterday's lasted 3 hours, so I never made it to Loose Park.

I feel pretty good, mostly just tired. As long as everything goes well tonight, I plan on going back to work tomorrow and Friday.



...As we parted, you reminded me I'm alive
To remember when the stars danced just for you and I
May the shimmer of the summer always
light your way
and make you feel
younger than today...


Younger Than Today - Ben Harper


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI Kel...is was such a wonderful surprise that you were there, it made my night complete!

Love you,
Heather

Anonymous said...

****hugs********

Anonymous said...

thinkin boutcha 2day....xoxoxoxox

Anonymous said...

thinkin boutcha 2day....xoxoxoxox

Anonymous said...

wow! guess i'm REALLy thinking about you....came thro 2x!

Anonymous said...

so, where's the port?

Kelly said...

Heather: It was so good to hang out by the fire with everyone. You showing up made my night complete as well!

Love ya Girl,

~K

Kelly said...

Vin: Thanks for the hugs, thoughts, and the card (w/your handsome son's pic)!!!

The port is on the left side now. So, I've got matching scars on either side of my chest!

Reminds me of this song/lyrics:

Scar
Carly Simon

A grey day in February
Some flecks of white, but mostly brown
Purple surprises riding in on a nerve
Begins to excite you before it settles down

It´s after the knives and the sutures and needles
I´m left with an arrow that points at my heart

I call it the seat of my sentimental sorrow
Gone seems to be one of the sum of my parts

And the night is cold
As the coldest nights are
There´s a wise woman
She comes from an evening star
She says: Look for the signs
You won´t have to look far
Lead with your spirit and follow
Follow your scar

A man I knew once said he wanted to see me
I said I´d been sick but was on the mend
I told him a few of the overall details
He said: That´s too bad
And he´s never called me again

What a gift in disguise that poor little puppy
So scared of misfortune and always on guard
A big man will love you
Even more when you´re hurtin´
And a really big man
Loves a really good scar

Cause the dawn breaks
And it´s breaking your heart
There´s a wise woman
She sits at the end of the bar
She says: Look for the signs
You won´t have to look far
Lead with your spirit and follow
Follow your scar

A grey day in February
Some flecks of white, but mostly brown
The world has tilted but
The world has expanded
And the world has turned
My world upside down

Cause the night is warm and all full of stars
There´s a wise woman
She´s moved right into my heart
She says: Look for the signs
You won´t have to look far
Lead with your spirit and follow
Follow
Follow your scar

English translation of Gaelic:

Run with the red deer
And sing with the wind
The magic lasts
And meaning will follow
The scar is God given
As a sign for your life
Strength from your ancestors
And through your own mouth
Strength from memory
Like a tree on the wind
Show me your scar
And I will make it better

Love you Sweets,
~K