Thursday, December 13, 2007

Have Yourself a Merry Little...Birthday

Every year I put off Christmas shopping until after the 15th. Or more accurately, I go shopping with every intention of looking for gifts for others, but end up buying more stuff for myself during these shopping excursions.

Until after the 15th.


After that I'm all about buying for others. But by then there aren't many shopping days left. Factor in work, Christmas celebrations, bad weather, or God forbid, illness (one year I got stomach flu in between my b-day and Christmas) and I've pretty much backed myself into a corner with all the other crazy last-minute shoppers. I wonder if they were all born in December too.

I am blessed with such good friends and family, they always try to keep it separate. No birthday presents wrapped in Christmas paper, and they always find time in their hectic holiday schedules to celebrate with me. In fact, I usually have several birthday celebrations spread throughout December and into January.


This is such a crazy time for everyone with shopping to do, money to spend, presents to wrap, holiday parties to attend, and traveling for some. Just add a December birthday to that mix for a little more craziness.

Every year I joke that I am going to have a half birthday on June 15th. No snow, no major holiday stress-inducing holiday, no Christmas trees in your birthday pictures. Only summer fun, and maybe a birthday bbq!



take a good look...it's getting ready to change!
(more before, during, and after pix to come)
(click on pic to fully appreciate the ugliness of the gold speckled stuff)



No comments: