Thursday, May 25, 2006

Long Day and Another Ahead


Highlights:

* Had bone scan today. It's not painful, you just have to get injected with this dye stuff that makes your bones show up in the scan. It takes awhile to work its way through your body, so the dye got injected in the morning, then I went back in the afternoon for the scan. Took about 30 minutes of laying very still. Will get those results tomorrow from Dr. Doane. Hoping & praying for a clean scan that shows no mets to bones.

* Actually got some work done in between all the driving to/from doctor's office and phone calls to/from doctor's offices.

* Got my hair cut a little shorter and talked to my hairdresser (Carie) about getting it buzzed off as soon as it starts falling out (thank you, Carie girl!).

* Dad will be taking me to check in at the hospital at 7:00am tomorrow for the port insertion surgery. Yaaaaawn....at least I'll get to take a nice nap during the surgery!

* Congratulations to my cousin Jeff and his wife Julie on the birth of their second son today! That makes it 4 boys on the Kori side of the family, and 4 girls on the Martin side (p.s....send pics!).

* Talked to several of my friends in the past few days...you guys are the BEST!!!! I'm so sorry to upset you...again. Please don't worry about not knowing what to say, I don't know what to say either (except a few choice words)...it's just about knowing you're there and that you care.


* Thanks to everyone for the phone calls, e-mails, cards, comments left here, thoughts, wishes, support, love, and prayers!

* The above picture was taken (not by me) at the rose garden at Loose Park here in KC, it's one of my all-time favorite places to go and I'm hoping to go there this weekend to look at (and stop and smell) the roses.

No comments: