Wednesday, May 31, 2006

All in all, a very good day

Highlights of today:

* Debby made a pillow for me and had some of my co-worker friends sign it. I was so surprised! It's made with this really soft fleece fabric that has stars on it. It's so cozy and comforting, it'll definitely be going to chemo with me...not to mention my big chair here at home, and naps. It goes perfectly with the blanket she made me back in 2000 (see pic). Thanks, Deb!!!

* April is at the Dave Matthews Band concert tonight as I type this. She invited me to go with her, but I just couldn't do it right now time- and health-wise. I'm bummed since I love DMB. Hope you had a great time and danced for me, Sag Sis!
(update: ooooh...I just got a voice mail from her and got to hear the band playing!!!! "...sweet like candy to my soul, sweet you rock and sweet you roll, lost for you I'm sooo lost for you...", next best thing to being there!)

* It rained hard this afternoon, but by the time I left the office around 7:00pm the sun was back out and the skies were blue. There was a beautiful, complete rainbow in the east (right above Hallbrook)...it made me happy.

* The good food fairy left some fresh fruit and salad in my fridge (thank you Easter Bunny, bawk bawk)!

* If you have any questions for me as we go through this together please don't hesitate to ask, either in person or in the comments section. I'll try to answer anything I can for you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey kel, i love reading your blog everyday too! how long will it take tomorrow? can i bring lunch by? or breakfast? or supper? or a snack?(s)? you do very good at filling in the details for us.the rainbow was awsome! and so are YOU!!

Kelly said...

hey vin,

they're saying to allow 5 hours for the firs time. they have to adminster the drugs veeeeeeeerrrry slooooooowly to make sure your body can take it and doesn't have a bad reaction.

not sure what/if anything i will feel like eating, but if i'm having a craving for anything i'll let ya know! i'm still eating that delicious sweet potato soup you sent home with me.

mom & dad will be with me tomorrow and of course will be keeping in close contact in the coming days.

i'm just not sure what to expect with this first one, after this time i'll know a little more. it's a whole new ballgame since it's 2 new drugs this time.

i still remember see a total double rainbow while standing on your deck back in 2001!!!

i love you...ab-so-lute-ly!!!!
~kel

Anonymous said...

Kel - SOOO glad you got the vm. i'm sorry you weren't there. Dave sang that song just for you! we'll dance to dave together soon...
April :)