MLK Day
"Free at last, free at last,
Thank God Almighty, we are free at last."
Each year on the third Monday of January schools, federal offices, post office and banks across America close as we celebrate the birth, the life and the dream of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. It is a time for the nation to remember the injustices that Dr. King fought. A time to remember his fight for the freedom, equality, and dignity of all races and peoples. A time to remember the message of change through nonviolence.
"I have a dream. I have a dream that one day little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls as sisters and brothers. I have a dream today."
3 comments:
I'll be thinking of you tomorrow and friday. I hope the tests are all great.
Hugs
Deb C.
Deb,
I need to write you back! I'm such a total slacker right now.
As far as favorite colors go, in my home there's a lot of blues & greens. I love blue. But I don't really wear a lot of blue, cuz it doesn't look good on me.
Have I thoroughly confused you yet?
Love the yoga story! Sounds like when I try to do yoga. It's relaxing for other people but totally stresses me out since I'm so busy trying not to tip over and trying to remember to breath in & out properly.
Here's a quote from that Leroy guy's blog about all of the tests we go through, I know you can relate:
"I'm now so used to being alone in a treatment room. Getting an MRI? You hear the technician over a mike; they're in another room. Same with a CT scan. Somewhere along the line, we crossed the line. We live on the other side, where it's not safe for other people. We have to go to places and go through things that others are cautioned to avoid. We live on the other side.
I don't pay attention to those warnings anymore. I know they're not meant for me. Those of us with cancer go through things that others avoid. And that's as good a definition of what it's like to have cancer as I can come up with."
Wow, huh?
We're getting a little taste of your weather right now...below zero temps, ice & snow on the ground. We're all whining about it, but it's just temporary for us...should pass in a few days. I don't know how you do it, even the hot flashes aren't keeping me warm these days.
Hugs Back,
Kel
I have been reading Leroy's blog for weeks...talk about a great writer! Keeping the fingers crossed and they prayers going for your tests.
Deb C
Post a Comment