Thursday, December 04, 2008

Connecting


~ Chemo went well yesterday.

~ They put it directly into a vein in my hand.

~ No big deal...I still prefer my ports, but my ports don't seem to prefer me.


~ I moved my tumor marker test from 12/24 to 12/15, and my appointment with Dr. McK from 12/30 to 12/16.

~ He is on vacation the week of 12/22, so I decided that I want to see him before that week as opposed after as originally scheduled.


~ I don't want all that looming over me during the holidays.

~ Plus, I am thinking if I am going to be trying a new drug, I'd like to do it the week between Christmas and New Year's since I'm off of work that week.

~ I think I'm leaning toward Doxil, but I still have more research to do.

~ Educating myself always helps me feel more in control.

~ PT/INR is up to 2.0...so, getting better on the new dosage.


~ I ran into Rick (Teren's dad), had a good, but quick talk with him. I was so glad to see him, I had brought along those extra stars I got at the snooty store and he chose the wine stopper to take to Teresa. Star connection.

~ I sat next to an older woman and we talked quite a bit. I found out toward the end of our visit that she and her husband are originally from West Plains. Another connection.

~ I am starting to suspect that for some reason I am meant to meet these people and have these connections.

~ I have no idea why, but I still think it's really cool.

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

4 comments:

tara @ kidz said...

Just stopping by A Daily Scoop and I'm glad I did. YOU are amazing. Much love to you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tara:

Thanks for stopping by. You and your beautiful daughter are amazing as well!

Much Love to you and yours,
~K

Anonymous said...

Lots to process here....well, how long will you be in the dr.'s office on your birthday? will that take the majority of the day?

Kelly said...

the appt. on monday is just for blood and only takes about 30 mins.

i'll stop by on my way to work and give them a vial or two so that the results will be back (hopefully) by the next day before my appt. w/the doc.