Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I want you to notice when I'm not around


Some Health Stuff:

~ Jaw issue seems to be improving...I am eating solid food again and loving it!

~ PT/INR is too high (3.4)...dosage has been decreased.

~ WBC (1.5) & ANC (1.0) are tanking, as to be expected...immune system is compromised.

~ Next up is bloodwork on Monday, then Dr. McK. on Tuesday.

~ I am hoping to not step foot into any medical facility until then.

Some Good Stuff:


~ I am getting together tomorrow after work with my friend and EX-hairstylist, Carie...we are going to Carmen's again. We both LOVE that place, I haven't been there since she and I went back in June.


~ Perfect timing since I have been craving Italian food ever since I started reading
Eat, Pray, Love (thank you for the loan, Toye!).

~ Am I the only weirdo who counted the "Pray" beads on the cover to make sure there were 108?


~ I will be getting together with my family on Sunday to celebrate my upcoming b-day.

~ I will be getting together with Toye and Steph sometime next week.

~ Trying to get plans together with other friends too, but my stupid health and stupid Christmas stuff kinda get in the way.


Some good light displays to check out if you're in KC (other than the Plaza lights):

~ The Christmas House - Falmouth & 75th (Prairie Village)

~ Candy Cane Lane - 79th & Outlook (Overland Park between Nall & Lamar)

~ Brookside - in between Ward Parkway & Wornall around Romany & 70th Streets

~ Vince & Associates at 103rd & Metcalf.

These are just a few I have seen so far, so I can vouch for them.

Here is a site with more suggestions.

I love Christmas lights and purposely go on drives just to look at lights. I've done that for the past couple of nights. I take little detours based on what catches my eye.

Last night as I drove down Ward Parkway I stumbled upon a really cool area in Brookside. I circled back around and it was totally worth it.

I tried to take some pics with my cell phone, but they aren't good because I was trying not to crash into anything. Pictures never do some things justice anyway:

(you can click on each pic to view larger...they're a little better that way)

see the shooting star?


closer


trying not to crash into trees


see the wreaths?




my rear view on the way out

Some Good Lyrics (that I heard as I drove thru Brookside):


In the still of the night, in the world's ancient light
Where wisdom grows up in strife
My bewildered brain toils in vain
Through the darkness on the pathways of life
Each invisible prayer is like a cloud in the air
Tomorrow keeps turning around
We live and we die, we know not why
But I'll be with you when the deal goes down

We eat and we drink, we feel and we think
Far down the street we stray
I laugh and I cry and I'm haunted by
Things I never meant nor wished to say
The midnight rain follows the train
We all wear the same thorny crown
Soul to soul, our shadows roll
And I'll be with you when the deal goes down

Well, the moon gives light and it shines by night
But I scarcely feel the glow
We learn to live and then we forgive
Over the road we're bound to go
More frailer than the flowers, these precious hours
That keep us so tightly bound
You come to my eyes like a vision from the skies
And I'll be with you when the deal goes down

Well, I picked up a rose and it poked through my clothes
I followed the winding stream
I heard the deafening noise, I felt transient joys
I know they're not what they seem
In this earthly domain, full of disappointment and pain
You'll never see me frown
I owe my heart to you, and that's saying it true
And I'll be with you when the deal goes down

When the Deal Goes Down ~ Bob Dylan

And, as always a few Good Tunes:

MixwitMixwit make a mixtapeMixwit mixtapes

No comments: